Whether you are a parent who is looking for ways to educate, inspire, or entertain your child, our library programs offer something special for various ages and interests. Seeking to connect teachers and learners to promote interest-based 21st Century skills, Carnegie Free Library of Beaver Falls (CFLBF) hosts diverse programs and exhibitions year-round for children of all ages.
The library’s vision for children’s programming is to equip children and families with the tools and resources to be lifelong learners. With an emphasis on early literacy, family engagement, and community partnerships, CFLBF seeks to implement this vision through quality events and activities. These programs extend beyond the library’s walls and into the Beaver Falls community through our partnerships with other local organizations.
Children and Youth Programming at CFLBF
We offer a variety of regular and seasonal activities throughout the year. Some of our most popular programs for children include…..
- our after-school programs, which provide students with extracurricular learning opportunities and a variety STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) activities.
- our “block parties”, which give toddlers and preschoolers with the chance to build exciting creations from wooden blocks.
- our Cruise into Kindergarten Play-K Program, NEED TEXT HERE
- our Lego Club. During Lego Club, elementary-aged children build their own Lego creation around a shared theme; their creations are then displayed around the Children’s Area of the library.
- our Maker Mondays NEED TEXT HERE
- our SCRATCH Camps and Programs, which provide elementary-aged children with the opportunity to learn the basics of computer programming.
- our Science in the Summer program, offered in partnership with the Carnegie Science Center. Science in the Summer gives local children the chance to interact with and learn from exhibits and experts from the Carnegie Science Center.
- our Storytime program. During Storytime, young children listen to a story, sing songs, learn rhymes, and make a craft.
- our Summer Discovery Club/ Summer Reading Program, which provide children with critical reading and educational support during the summer months.
Interested in partnering with the library? We welcome volunteers and partners! Learn more about how you can get involved.