The vision of the Carnegie Free Library of Beaver Falls is to inspire and empower lifelong learning and the exchange of knowledge.
We believe that the library meets our vision and is improving society by facilitating knowledge creation in our community through these attributes:
- ACCESS. All information resources that are provided directly or indirectly by the library, regardless of technology, format, or methods of delivery, should be readily, equally, and equitably accessible to all library users.
- ACCOUNTABILITY. We take responsibility for delivering on our commitments and for the stewardship of our materials and spaces.
- CONFIDENTIALITY/PRIVACY. Protecting user privacy and confidentiality is necessary for intellectual freedom and fundamental to the ethics and practice of librarianship.
- DEMOCRACY. A democracy presupposes an informed citizenry. The First Amendment mandates the right of all persons to free expression, and the corollary right to receive the constitutionally protected expression of others. The publicly supported library provides free and equal access to information for all people of the community the library serves.
- DIVERSITY. We value our nation’s diversity and strive to reflect that diversity by providing a full spectrum of resources and services to the communities we serve.
- EXPERTISE. We are relentless in our efforts to better understand our communities, our collections, and our users.
- FREEDOM. We are free and open to all. We treat everyone with respect and compassion.
- INNOVATION. We are always learning. We are constantly exploring new ways of doing things better and doing better things.
- INTELLECTUAL FREEDOM. We uphold the principles of intellectual freedom and resist all efforts to censor library resources.
- SERVICE. We provide the highest level of service to all library users. We strive for excellence in the profession by maintaining and enhancing our own knowledge and skills, by encouraging the professional development of co-workers, and by fostering the aspirations of potential members of the profession.
- TEAMWORK. We celebrate the diversity of our experiences and build connections.
Interested in partnering with the library? We welcome volunteers and partners! Learn more about how you can get involved.